The Royal Air Force Charitable Trust's mission is:
- To Promote the Royal Air Force and Inspire young people and Royal Air Force personnel to fulfil their potential in air and space.
We do this by:
- Staging the Royal International Air Tattoo, the Royal Air Force Concerts, and other similar activities
- Giving financial grants to satisfy the Trust's objects
- Funding scholarships and other awards
The Trust gives grants directly to groups, but also uses partner organisations to maximise reach and utilise expertise. Every year is slightly different as partnerships are developed over time and demand for grant types vary. In 2019-20 this included:
- Funded 57 flying scholarships, for RAF Junior Ranks, Junior Officers, Air Cadets, and through Flying Scholarships for Disabled People.
- Supported 11 RAF Air Cadet expeditions, in partnership with the Ulysses Trust, in the UK, and as far away as Borneo and Costa Rica.
- Allocated £40,000 to support the RAF Youth and STEM team in sponsoring the Scouts Air Activities badge.
- Inspired 5 Engineer Leaders of the future by funding Arkwright Engineering Scholarships for their sixth form studies.
- Supported 20 RAF Stations by providing funds for expeditions, station facilities, and families' days.
The Royal Air Force Charitable Trust is a registered charity in England and Wales with Charity No 1176054.