The Royal Air Force Charitable Trust's mission is:
- To Promote the Royal Air Force and Inspire young people and RAF personnel to fulfil their potential in air, space, and technology.
We do this by:
- Staging the Royal International Air Tattoo and other similar activities
- Giving financial grants to satisfy the Trust's objects
- Funding scholarships and other awards
The Trust gives grants directly to groups, but also uses partner organisations to maximise reach and utilise expertise. Every year is slightly different as partnerships are developed over time and demand for grant types vary. Some of our highlights include:
- Awarding £6.7 million in grants, giving many people experiences that will stay with them throughout their lives
- Funding 180 Junior Ranks Pilot Scholarships, giving young members of the RAF an insider's view of aviation
- Supported 11 RAF Air Cadet expeditions, in partnership with the Ulysses Trust, in the UK, and as far away as Borneo and Costa Rica.
- Allocated £40,000 to support the RAF Youth and STEM team in sponsoring the Scouts Air Activities badge.
- Inspired 5 Engineer Leaders of the future by funding Arkwright Engineering Scholarships for their sixth form studies.
- Supported 20 RAF Stations by providing funds for expeditions, station facilities, and families' days.
The Royal Air Force Charitable Trust is a registered charity in England and Wales with Charity No 1176054.