The Royal Air Force Charitable Trust's mission is:
- to PROMOTE the Royal Air Force, to SUPPORT its people now and into the future and to ENCOURAGE air-mindedness and the aviation-related education of young people.
We do this by:
- Staging the Royal International Air Tattoo, the Royal Air Force Concerts, and other similar activities
- Giving financial grants to satisfy the Trust's objects
- Funding scholarships and other awards
- Funded 57 flying scholarships, for RAF Junior Ranks, Junior Officers, Air Cadets, and through Flying Scholarships for Disabled People.
- Supported 11 RAF Air Cadet expeditions, in partnership with the Ulysses Trust, in the UK, and as far away as Borneo and Costa Rica.
- Allocated £40,000 to support the RAF Youth and STEM team in sponsoring the Scouts Air Activities badge.
- Inspired 5 Engineer Leaders of the future by funding Arkwright Engineering Scholarships for their sixth form studies.
- Supported 20 RAF Stations by providing funds for expeditions, station facilities, and families' days.